Yang Ji's love letter..."I want to play baseball with my brother for a long time"

 "I want to play baseball with (Jang) Won-jun for a long time."


Jang Won-jun is a veteran in his mid-30s and has announced his retirement from the national team, but he is still a younger brother to his longtime teammate two years his senior. Doosan Bears catcher Yang Yang-ji (36) showed his affection for Doosan pitcher Jang Won-jun (38).


Doosan won a 7-5 home game against the Samsung Lions at Jamsil Stadium on March 23. In his first start in 958 days, Jang Won-jun pitched five innings of four-run ball and became the first pitcher to win in 1844 days. With the win, Jang reached the 130-win plateau in his career, the 11th most in KBO history.


In the process, his younger brother, Yang Ji, helped him reach 130 wins. Yang-ji-san sat in a catcher's mask and batted alongside Jang Won-jun in the batter's box, cleverly mixing up his pitches and batting third, going 3-for-3 with a double, a walk and a run scored.


"After giving up four runs in the second inning, I used my slider and changeup a lot, and it worked out well. (Chang) Won-jun threw well today, and I was able to take away the hitters' timing with my off-speed pitches. It was a good mix of things."


For Jang Won-jun, Yang Ji is a reliable junior. "My breathing wasn't much different than before," he said after the game. Today, I just trusted his (Yang's) sign and threw when I saw the catcher's mitt," he said.


It had been a long time since they'd shared a battery. "It's been a long time since I've had a two-shot with 안전놀이터 Won-jun, and it felt weird," Yang said, "He's gotten so old. I feel sorry for him. In the past, I used to feed him, but now I have to buy him food," he laughed.


"I want to play baseball with Wenjun for a long time," Yang Ji finally said, expressing his love for his senior.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Breaking Park Gun-woo's 'record' stamp without a sound

"To the world stage"...Korean women's baseball heads to Asian Cup final